Wen Charting Software
What WEN Professional Plus offers | Benefits | Costs | Banking details | What do you get with the Datashare download service | Will I be able to use my current WEN database with WEN Professional Plus? | Why should I register for WEN Professional Plus? | What language is used to write custom indicators? | How do I make a backup? | Can the WEN Professional Plus database be shared over a network connection? | Where can I find more information about WEN Professional Plus?
WEN Professional is a home-grown South African technical analysis product. It was launched in 1986 and compares with the best technical analysis systems available. It is one of the best investments that a new investor will make!
- A fast, reliable and affordable share price data download service to keep your charting software up to date
- A user-friendly technical analysis software program to track market trends and highlight turning points.
- The capacity to create watchlists which will help you identify better trading opportunities.
- The capacity to help identify optimum timing for trades.
Please include a postal address with your contact details when you order the demo CD. Unfortunately, because the software is FREE, we cannot post this WEN demo CD outside of South Africa.
Charting software is easy to use and flexible, which means that you grow with the program’s functionality.
25-year database (back to 1985) on most JSE–listed securities which means you have more information at your finger tips to make better decisions.
Over 100 technical indicators to help with your timing decisions which help you to make better decisions and more money. (Click here for a list of available technical indicators)
Fundamental comment provides additional market information with regards a company’s financial results.
Web page indicator provides additional market information with regards a company’s nature of business (including financial results), which helps you make a more informed decision.
Security defaults saves technical indicators and drawing tools on specific security charts, which means that you do not have to redraw them again.
Drawing tools help you make more informed decisions with regards the market trend, as well as support and resistance levels.
Indicator templates to fast-track the process of which classic indicators to use.
Data filters (watch lists or batches) help you manage smaller groups of interesting-looking securities, which is a great time saver.
Hi-Liter scanner helps to find buying or selling opportunities based on objective user-defined technical criteria.
The Datashare download service provides end-of-day data for all JSE-listed securities, JSE indices, warrant prices, unit trust prices, future prices and precious metals prices.
Download message provides additional information in the form of any changes such as new listings, share name changes or sector moves.
Back-up is available from the website in the form of additional training presentations that can be downloaded and printed, which helps you to understand how to use the software properly and gain the full benefit of it.
Technical support is available telephonically between 8 a.m. and 5.p.m., as well as by email.
PSG Online provides the Datashare download service for R169 per month. Alternatively, you can also make an annual payment of R1859 and get one month FREE (R169 x 11 months). You will then receive a FREE copy of the WEN Professional Plus software. It is the industry norm to charge a fee for technical software.
What services do you get through WEN Professional Plus?
- FREE access to the online tutorials.
- FREE access to the Trading Simulator (i.e. 30-day FREE Trial account).
- FREE access to any of the "The Trasders Forum" forums.
|Bank||First National Bank (FNB)|
|Account holder||PSG Securities Ltd|
|Reference||Datashare + your WEN login username|
For a full list of PSG Online banking details click here.
To be a successful share market trader or investor, you will need up to date information. The End-of-Day (EOD) data is provided for each trading day and is available from 21:00. Changes such as delistings, new listings, sector changes, renames and share splits are handled automatically, and details of these changes are included in a daily message. The entire retrieval process takes about three minutes.
The Datashare download takes place directly from the web. The information is as close to you as the nearest telephone and available 24-hours per day. Historical data is kept for three months on our servers. The Datashare manager collects End-of-Day (EOD) market data from the JSE.
Click here to register for your Datashare download service
Note: PSG Online is one of the few organisations that has stopped selling the WEN Charting software. We now offer the software free so you only pay for the monthly Datashare download. We offer the WEN charting software free to enable our client’s to enhance their ability to make better trading decisions.
Will I be able to use my current WEN database ONLINE , WEN WIZARD OR WEN PROFESSIONAL with WEN Professional Plus?
No. The WEN Professional Plus database is in a different format than the current WEN Online, Wizard and Professional databases. Should you have any portfolios that you wish to convert to the new format please contact Support.
You can write custom indicators in one of the following languages:
- Visual Basic or
The instructions below are purely a guideline on how to make backups. Windows users should refer to the Windows User manuals for detailed instructions and possible trouble shooting steps.
Creating backup files or restoring lost data with backup files
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup. Choose the options you require. If you do not see Backup on the Accessories menu, it is not installed. To install it:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click the Windows Setup tab. Scroll down the list, and click System Tools. Click Details, and select the check box for Backup.
To copy files and folders to a CD
- Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
- Open My Computer.
- Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD.
- To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want.
- Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items.
- In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy.
- In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive.
- Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD.
- Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be written to the CD.
- Under CD Writing Tasks, click "Write these files to CD".
- Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
- Do not copy more files to the CD than it will hold.
- Standard CDs hold up to 700 megabytes (MB).
- High–capacity CDs hold up to 850 MB. Be sure that you have enough disk space on your hard disk to store the temporary files that are created during the CD writing process.
- For a standard CD, Windows reserves up to 700 MB of the available free space.
- For a high–capacity CD, Windows reserves up to 1 gigabyte (GB) of the available free space.
- After you copy files or folders to the CD, it is useful to view the CD to confirm that the files are copied.
Windows XP Professional User
- The Backup utility in Windows XP Professional helps you protect your data in the event your hard disk fails or files are accidentally erased due to hardware or storage media failure.
- By using Backup you can create a duplicate copy of all of the data on your hard disk and then archive it on another storage device, such as an external flash drive.
- If the original data on your hard disk is accidentally erased or overwritten, or becomes inaccessible because of a hard–disk malfunction, you can easily restore it from the disk or archived copy by using the Restore Wizards.
To start Backup or to access Restore
- Click Start,
- Click All Programs,
- Click Accessories,
- Click System Tools,
- Click Backup. Windows NT, 2000 User
Windows NT and Windows 2000 users should refer to the network administrator to make backups.
The WEN Professional Plus database cannot be shared over a network because the program was not designed as a network version. Should more than one user access the database at the same time, the master file. WEN can get corrupted causing no data to be displayed in any module of WEN Professional Plus. Installing a backed-up database or new database will rectify the corrupted files and sharing the database again will cause corruption in the master file.
You can find more information about WEN Professional Plus software on our WEN charting software FAQ page.